How the OSCO Group contributed:
FCC Construction: General Contractor/Project Manager
FCC Electrical: Electrical & Communications Cabling
Strescon: Ready-Mix: supplied approx 1000 square metres of ready-mix
Ocean Steel: supplied approx 93 tons of structural steel, 20 tons of joists, and 28,000 sq.ft. of deck
OSCO Rebar: supplied and placed approx. 62 tons of rebar and 15,000 sq.ft. of mesh.
Project: LEED GOLD CERTIFIED office building
Client: Commercial Properties Limited
Location: Saint John, NB
Duration: 1 year
FCC Construction is proud to have served as the project manager for Atlantic Canada's first LEED GOLD CERTIFIED commercial building.
Green Features of Somerset Square:
· Change-rooms and showers encourage active lifestyles and non-polluting transportation
· Available bike storage, and preferred parking reserved for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles and carpools
· On-site recycling storage room and collection service
· Low-flow fixtures reduce water consumption by 20%.
· Building's exterior 17 energy efficient lights reduce light pollution
· Rainwater collected on roof and recycled in washroom fixtures and building services. Water consumption reduced by over 40%.
· Energy consumption reduced by 33% with computer programming of integrated system in the boiler room. System includes plumbing fixtures, walls, windows, roof, lighting, heating, ventilation and cooling
· Sensor-operated lights in washrooms, boiler & storage rooms
· 75% of workspaces have access to daylight
· Operable windows on every floor (for fresh air and temperature control)
· Panels along the ceiling distribute heat evenly
· Drought-resistant shrubs retain water & provide green space
· Paint, carpet and sealants are non-toxic
· Environmental Choice Certified and 100% biodegradable cleaning products used throughout building