Advantages of a Strescon Total Precast Structure:
Developers who use total precast systems say precast can shorten the project timetable six to eight weeks when compared with steel and even more when compared with cast-in-place concrete construction. That savings can be critical in bringing a new building into a competitive marketplace or in meeting a tenant's need for occupancy on a specific date. A total precast system's speed helps keep projects on track.
1. One-stop shopping sources much of a building's shell in one efficient, precast contract.
2. Fabrication of precast elements during permitting and/or site preparation saves time resulting in fast efficient construction regardless of weather conditions.
3. Designing precast systems is easier, thanks to assistance from Strescon Limited Sales / Engineering department.
4. Precast components can be erected in winter conditions, maintaining tight schedules.
5. With total precast systems, speedy erection allows the contractor to enclose the building quickly, giving interior trades faster access.
6. Precast components are naturally fire protected, because they will not burn. Precast's inherent fire resistance eliminates the messy and time-consuming fireproofing required for a steel structure and subsequent repairs caused by other trades.
Precast concrete panels offer a wide range of styles. Panels can be produced in a variety of colors, textures and finishes providing an almost endless range of aesthetic options. Precast panels can replicate granite, brick or stone, achieving a strong, institutional image at a fraction of the cost.
Strescon Limited supplies precast concrete components certified in accordance with CSA A23.4 Precast concrete — Materials and construction. Tight control ensures that components are produced with uniform consistency.
Precast structures require less maintenance than buildings built using other materials. Incorporating the architecture into the structure using large panel sizes, minimizes the number of joints.
Because of precast concrete's tightly controlled and shorter production process, costs can be more accurately estimated earlier in the process. Changes during design development can be quickly reassessed by Strescon Limited Sales / Estimating / Engineering departments to verify that estimates remain stable. The contractor, owner and design team are assured that project budgets remain sound.
Precast construction keeps the site cleaner and eliminates trades from the construction zone, improving logistics and enhancing worker safety. Site storage is usually not required — precast components are lifted by crane directly from the truck into position in a building. A clean site is particularly vital on building additions and existing campuses and in dense urban areas, where adjacent businesses can maintain near-normal activities.
Strescon Limited will help support design and coordination at the schematic stage. We can ensure the building takes full advantage of state-of-the-art fabrication and connection techniques. This input allows the project to remain cost-effective and efficiently designed.